2015년 12월 14일 월요일

Thoughts on abortion

I am pro-choice on abortion. People pro-life appose abortion for it harming the dignity of life. However, I think the definition of dignity of life should cover the state of post-birth too. Being born is not the completion of life but the beginning. If a person cannot be offered with a minimum of education and clean environment and parent's affection, it will be literally a damage to the dignity of life. 

The reason I take the stance ,ironically, may reflects  poor social security system. 

If a government guarantees decent environment for children, many women with unwanted pregnancy would not need to wander looking for an illegal practitioner for abortion, which may cause them fatal complications. 

Education in contraception also matters. The teenagers should be taught to avoid getting pregnant. Pregnancy has an impact on the life of both a baby to be born and a pregnant woman. 


Despite all the consideration, abortion could seem simply murder. I do not have much knowledge background, but I could accept the abortion in the period within a couple of week-pregnancy, Because I heard that the formation of a brain takes place after then, and I think human's soul goes with a brain. 


댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기